Tuesday, March 27, 2012

This month in science

    This month science I worked with a group, and in the group was Ciarra, Carlos, Samuel, and Achantae. We studied energy and the reasons why our earth's energy is wasting. We worked on different ways of how we use energy daily. We also went around the neighborhood and interviewed people on human impact of energy. We did annotations on how to save the energy, how we could catch peoples eyes in making a different perspective on saving energy. We also spoke to students from NYU college and they helped us learn more things about conserving energy.
   I learned that when you charge your phone it takes up a lot of energy and when you over charge it kills a lot of energy too. We tested how much energy an alarm clock takes up and it takes up a lot of it, which is very suprising. I learned that the alarm clock takes up more energy than a curling iron, but I thought that the curling iron took up more energy than the alarm clock because it has a lot of heat and an alarm clock doesn't do anything but show the time and ring when you need it too. I also learned that all of the people my group and I interviewed cares about saving energy expect for one 20 year old asian lady.

No comments:

Post a Comment