Monday, May 14, 2012

this week in science #12

 This week in science we learned about symbiotic relationships, energy pyramids , and food chains. We read about symbiotic relationships between different insects and animals, we were given packets that taught how different  energy pyramids and food chains work. It was difficult because I couldn't focus, there was a lot of new words that I haven't heard of before and I was giving up on doing my work. I learned that food chains is a series of organisms interrelated in their feeding habits, the smallest being fed upon by a larger one, which in turn feeds a still larger one. 
    I learned that the food web and food chains are different. They are different because a food chain is a single line of organisms that preceded by something that it consumes and followed is by something that consumes it. The food web which is a food cycle depicts feeding connections which is what eats. The food web goes out every direction pointing to every organism. I also learned that all producers are only plants, and that decomposers could eat both producers and consumers.

No comments:

Post a Comment